Sign in to follow this  

How was my choice in learning materials?

This topic is 1120 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

C++ Primer is a good thourough book on the C++ language together with C++11 features. Do note that the book tries to discuss almost all aspects of the C++ language (most in a brief fashion) together with a large section of the STL. Since it discusses a large portion of the language, it's a good book to read through and then later use it for reference.

If you'd really want to delve into what C++ has to offer and how to use it, it definitely is a good book, but a large read ;) If you just want to create videogames using C++ you're probably better off reading a smaller (more game-oriented) C++ book in my opinion.

Primer is the only one I've even looked at a little bit. I really liked Noel Llopis' "C++ for Game Programmers" when I was a beginner. I recall that the primer book actually focused on teaching C++ instead of getting in the way with silly methodologies or decades old poor practices.

This topic is 1120 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.