Sign in to follow this  

[Help]Directx 11 + Direct2D

This topic is 1110 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! biggrin.png

I'm building a application to be used like a layer for streamers, i want to show the twitch chat, and other things. (this i know how to do-how to get this information). The hard is to use the directx11 and direct2d for me. Only using Win32 window i can do, but it's not good.

So i decide that building a directx 11 application would be nice for it, because in this way people can disable it and don't have a big perfomance loose while playing if they want, or they can customize it loading a png or w/e they want with the best quality.

I found that render text is very dificult for me (i'm new to it and c++), and i'm trying a more easy way, using Direct2D "interlop".

*sorry if i told something wrong.

What i'm trying to do is a transparent window with the Directx 11 and use this surface to draw text using Direct2D.

I'm bit lost here, my final result until now is a "blue window"when the application load, and if it loose the focus it go gray.

code removed.

Ty!

My english is not good but i think you can understand it.

ps: the IDWriteFactory1 *writeFactory; part i got here in the forum but i don't remember where. Sorry if i can't give the credits for the DrawTextA.

Visual Studio 2013 Express for Windows Desktop. I hope you can understand my code.

Edited by JulioCesarSF

Why did you remove the code?

What is your level of knowledge of DirectX graphics APIs in general?

I also do not understand what is your main goal to reach, if adding a D2D support to draw 2D elements into a D3D application or just use Direct2D to get hardware acceleration for 2D content (in this case you do not need Direct3D at all).

Why did you remove the code?

What is your level of knowledge of DirectX graphics APIs in general?

I also do not understand what is your main goal to reach, if adding a D2D support to draw 2D elements into a D3D application or just use Direct2D to get hardware acceleration for 2D content (in this case you do not need Direct3D at all).

Because i can't understand yet how to draw text with directx11 (well i know that you can do it with external lib) and a way to do it more easy is using direct2d. The problem in my code was that i need a new brush. Now it's working.

Ty for you attention.

This topic is 1110 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.