Viewing Frustum

Started by
2 comments, last by Lestat3D 22 years, 5 months ago
Hi, I''d like to know if I have to render my 3d objects from far to near to the camera, and if I''ve to do so, What if I have a model that is a man looking at the camera and this man is holding a woman with his arms, and this woman is more near to the camera than the man but more far than his arms? what should I do?
Advertisement
assuming the arms would be solid, the rendering engine should be able to judge the depth of each polygon that makes up the arm, and render it accordingly. however, if you were to use alpha transparency, yes they''d have to be rendered from back to front because if you rendered from front to back, you may not see the polygons in the back because the depth of the front polygon has already been judged as being in front of the one in the back. if you disabled the depth test, then the back polygon would then be rendered on the front one and it would look all screwy.
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
But what if I use X Files to make the models?
Should I render the meshes "per vertex"?
Does Direct3D manage that kind of things?
Moved to Graphics forum. (Not sure whether it''s a graphics question or an art question, but it''s not really a game programming question...)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement