Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sand_Hawk

Damned Visual C++ 6!

Guys, I''ve tried this for days to get it right but I still can''t look it like the Borland compiler! What the f**k am I talking about? I''m trying to make my VC6 editor highlights to look the same as my Borland 5.02 compiler but I won''t work. I can change the color of reserved words and shit but I can''t get it to look like my Borland compiler! Anyone knows how to do this right or has already done it and would like to send the config file to me? It''s driving me crazy those colors!! Don''t mention my English because English isn''t my native language! Thanx anyway, Sand Hawk Earth is 98% full. Please delete anyone you can.

The colors are sooo different. A #xxx is green, comments are gray in and italic. Reserved words are black and bold. Numbers and strings are blue. That color schemes is much better than those damned colors of the MSVC editor. You have an idea how to get it right? I can''t get it right but the VC editor has some pros that the BC doesn''t have!

Sand Hawk

-Earth is 98% full. Please delete anybody you can.

Is it that difficult to get used to the way VC++ highlights code? I mean why do you want it to look like the Borland IDE?

------------------------------------------------------------
"To a computer, chaos is just another kind of order."

After 2 hours of coding with VC my head i really messed up. Normally I could go on for just hours using Borland IDE. With the VC I have to stop after to hours to take a break otherwise my heads gonna pop!!

Sand Hawk

After 2 hours of coding with VC my head i really messed up. Normally I could go on for just hours using Borland IDE. With the VC I have to stop after to hours to take a break otherwise my heads gonna pop!!

Sand Hawk

First thing I do with a new devstudio profile is:
- turn background black
- turn text bright cyan
- turn keywords bright grey
- turn comments bright green

I absolutely cannot stand composing in dark-on-bright setups. Just drives my eyes buggy.