Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikemc

what's part of glaux ?

I''m working on Lesson 6, getting the ''GLAUX.DLL'' Missing error (Working with Dev-C++ 4.0). I''ve done some reading on the net, seeing that GLAUX is not supported by the compiler, etc. So my question is, what portions of Lesson 6 use glaux? And what can I do to make the code useful without glaux ? Thanks for any help on this, Mike

okay, that was a dumb question... I commented out the glaux header and looked for the failures.. so I see :

AUX_RGBImageRec() and auxDIBImageLoad() ...

This is in the loading of the bitmap... I can''t believe that with the retirement (or dying, whatever) of glaux, that they removed the ability to load in bitmaps... so there has to be a work around...

Thanks,
Mike

Glaux sucks. There are numerous ways to load bitmaps (do it yourself is my suggestion, they have a really simple format ). Skip to NeHe''s TGA loading tutorial (#25 I think) and read it, that will show you how to write your own loading ruitines.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]

Like I said, try tutorial #25. Afterwards, if you want to load something other than TGA''s, take a look at wotsit.org for some file format information. Assuming you know a decent amount of C/C++, that should be enough help (I''d rather not post my own texture loading code on the board anymore, since it is somewhat large, if you want to find it try a search).

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]

I just didn''t want to jump ahead to #25, but I''ll go ahead and see what''s going on in there and try to get it to work so I can continue through the tut''s...

Thanks again, N&V...

Mike