Can someone teach me XNA better?

Started by
3 comments, last by Remixful 9 years, 4 months ago

I know some basics of XNA, and the basics of C#, but the most I've done was a PONG game but it still failed (mostly because I didn't organize the project right).

Perhaps someone can tutor me on XNA? I would like to learn how to perhaps do the Entity-Component system (I struggle in reading because I get very confused, It would be great if somebody can teach me 1 on 1), perhaps a few lessons such as creating a game or two, and some tips here and there too.

If you're looking for payment, I'm very sorry, money is a problem with me right now. sad.png But if you're interested in teaching a motivated beginner, feel free to contact me. I'm able to use Skype(but not voice call) and teamviewer too for lessons.

Also one thing is I'm working with Monogame, but it implements XNA so there shouldn't be a difference.

My skype: peterkap123

Advertisement

You should start here:

http://www.riemers.net/

I struggle in reading because I get very confused, It would be great if somebody can teach me 1 on 1

Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll check it out.

@Remixful - most people are pretty busy and don't necessarily want to spend the time training someone that they have no personal relationship with. If you can offer something of value in return, that can be a good way to approach things, but if not (and in your case, it sounds like you're not in that position) then remember that almost everything you need is online these days and you really can teach yourself most of what you need to know. When you hit roadblocks you can describe your specific situation in the forums and people will usually try to answer your questions, but it usually has to be preceded by a genuine attempt to solve it yourself.

XNA is deprecated by the way; you should look at MonoGame instead, or go straight for Unity. Here are some resources:

C#

Learn C#

C# Tutorials at CSharp-Station

C# Tutorial Videos

MonoGame

MonoGame Documentation

MonoGame Tutorials

Math

If you want to do anything with rotation, scaling, and so forth, either in 2D or 3D, you'll need to learn at least basic linear algebra. The Khan Academy is great for this:

Khan Academy - Linear Algebra

Note that the above links were all found via Google, so use it. Google is your friend. Note that YouTube is a treasure trove. Search for a topic you want to learn, then click the "filter" button at the top of the search results and choose "Playlist", and you'll see a whole lot of detailed video series on your subject of choice.

Thanks. And yes, I'm working with Monogame already, I've never done XNA by itself. Anyways thanks for the resources, I'll take a look at them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement