Sign in to follow this  

Making our first big game

This topic is 1104 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

We are hoping to make our first video game but we need as much help as we can if people could go to our indiegogo page and donate a little money to help out us there will be rewards such as sneak previews of the game or pre-alpha copies but that will all be handled later on in development 

IndieGogo link = https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-final-days--2/x/9331699

Edited by Rockbottom Games

I assume this is some kind of joke? There is no content. Not even the earliest concept art, not even the tiniest bit of explanation. Not previous work, no demonstration of at least basic competence. You just expect people to give you money?

Moved you to our "Your Announcements" forum, which is the correct place for this sort of thing.

I would have to agree with BitMaster though: no one is going to give you money with no actual content on your crowd funding page. If you look at the pages of games that are successfully funded you'll see that they give lots of details and have beautiful artwork and well-thought-out videos. They're also almost always from experienced developers...

If this is really your FIRST game you're just not ready to take people's money yet. You need to start off with smaller projects and learn what you're doing, and you'll be able to do this without collecting money.

Try crowd funding later when you actually know how to make a game and have something to show.

Good luck! :)

Invest more time in your presentation and your prototype (you have one, right? Else you wouldn't ask for money to start the production phase, right?), and people might invest in your product.

As a sidenote, if I hear the combination of "Zombie" and "Survival Game" once again, I start banging my head against the wall.... how many Zombie Survival games does humanity need in a 2 years release window?

Scratch that, how many Zombie games does humanity need in the same 1 year window? This is even more "banging the wall" inducing...

Anyway, I go OT. Stop your Indiegog Campaign before it gets too much attention, work on your campaign and a prototype for 3-6 months, then restart and come back.

To all the people who have replied to this post, I am the CEO of the development group and the developer who posted this didn't explain it in detailm

We need the funding to make the demo and some art because right now we don't have any money in the group and that's why we are asking you's because you have had or will get this problem sooner or later. We are asking for you trust in us to make the game after the funding. Go to our twitter to ask me questions @RockbottomG

Why do you need so much money? What are the intended purposes? What do you have already? Why is there no description about anything game related? Is it strategic-oriented? Action-oriented? Why are there not even mock-ups with programmer graphics of anything? Or screenshots from a concept demo with programmer art? Or anything that would show you have even a tiny bit of work for anything done already? Note that none of these things cost any money for software, just time. And the people involved cannot be paid because 10000£ is not enough to pay anyone until 'mid 2018' (the release date you claimed on Twitter), so all they are investing is time.

I have seen clear scams on Kickstarter/Indiegogo who invested significantly more work to show the illusion of a project.

Edit: add to that some of the things you posted on Twitter. Why should I trust anyone to develop a game with even a single cent who cannot even separate thoughts in reasonable sentences? The only things I'm willing to believe at this time with the evidence given is 'scam' or 'bunch of teens in way, way over their head'.

Edited by BitMaster

No, just no.

Seriously:

• Your "website" is a freely hosted free template that you haven't even finished customising yet.
    • The homepage features a "this doesn't do anything yet" button, and has an "add text" prompt on it.
    • The "about" and "contact" pages have an unrelated stock image, the same "add text" prompt as the homepage and no other content.
  • Your Twitter account has typos in both the profile description and a number of the tweets, and only features a couple of (mostly pointless) tweets posted over the last couple of days, most of which are begging for money and none of which suggest you have any relevant skills.
  • Your IndieGoGo campaign page (linked above):
    • Offers no useful information; if we're generous and include the title you only posted two sentences. You did manage to fit some grammatical errors in though.
    • Doesn't even bother to link back to your Twitter account and "website".
    • Doesn't offer any backer rewards.
    • Is asking for an amount of money that wouldn't be anywhere near enough to realistically make an online game to be published on consoles under normal circumstances.
  • You openly admit that you have no experience creating small games, but you're aiming for an online game to be published on consoles.
  • You're calling yourself a CEO and acting as if you have a team of unspecified size, but have offered no evidence of this and it really looks like you're just a kid pretending to be a whole team.

You haven't even bothered to do simple things you can do for free like bothering to post more than a single sentence on your campaign page, or create or find some concept art.

On the very off chance that you're serious about this: you are not ready, and you're just wasting your own time.  

• You need to learn to make small games before you try crowd funding -- you can do this for free.
  • You need to do some preparation before posting your campaign.  At least complete your website.  Take the time to write up a proper description of the project.  Create and share some concept art, or preferably some actual usable game art.  Create a campaign video.  Describe your team and what skills they have.

In the meantime, I'm closing this waste of time.  I would strongly suggest heading to our For Beginners forum and asking for advice on how to get started.  Unless you're just trolling -- if you're just trolling you should probably just go away.

Topic closed -- don't repost it unless you can at least do a less half-assed job of it.

This topic is 1104 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.