Nameless Diablo3-Clone

Started by
7 comments, last by ida 9 years, 1 month ago

Hi everybody.

I would like to have some feedback on my diablo3-like role-playing game I am actually developing.

I have developed a complete new game engine for this game and all together it has taken about one month until now.

What you can actually do:

-Run around

-mark enemies

-Navigate the camera.

All models are completely animated and the game should work with more than 60FPS one every average PC.

Everybody who is interested to give it a try, downloadlink is in the last post.

An actual screenshot:

vXDTVPGoCtiB.jpg

Oh and this game is actually nameless. If you have a good suggestion, let me hear.

-ida

Sometimes I secretly divide through zero

Advertisement

Well, I'm not sure what feedback to give you since there isn't much to this yet. It works without crashing which is good, and I was getting just over 800FPS.

Good to hear that it even works. I sometimes have crashes when the game loads the files.

The development has gone a big step forward. I will soon release a new demo.

A new demo for testing is available.

Enemies now attack you and try to follow your character. You can attack and kill them and also be killed if you don't care enough.

Framerate breaks while loading texture data is also history, thanks to the new multithreading support of the engine.

Next steps are inventory, a navigation map and a better interface for health and mana.

Give it a try, it's free and only 13MB.

Downloadlink is HERE

Freedback is always welcome

New screenshots:

GLZBn495wfNk.jpg

uMgpG6X7wpGV.jpg

It looks good, perhaps if you share a bit of background plot for inspiration, we might be able to suggest names for you :)

The story so far:

2 guys travel with a boat to an old forgotten island to find an old treaure that should be hidden there. They find it in an old temple and trigger some kind of curse that awakes a monster. From this day on this monster makes chaos on the world outside One guy dies, the other falls asleep for 100 years and wakes up. When he wakes up the old forgotten island has turned into a part of an island-city with hundresds of people living there, the monster is forgotten and only part of an old story. Every night the monster appears in his dreams and tells him some kind of---your-is-near-shit. The guy goes on a mission to find the monster which is some kind of ancient divinity and kills it.

sry for my bad english ph34r.png

I was surprised to actually get 90FPS on my laptop. It looks good. I like the animations.

Just a heads up: Chrome automatically tried to delete the zip file after I downloaded it. Normally it doesn't care so much.

With my touchpad, is there a way to rotate the camera? I found out how to zoom in and out.

I was surprised to actually get 90FPS on my laptop. It looks good. I like the animations.

Just a heads up: Chrome automatically tried to delete the zip file after I downloaded it. Normally it doesn't care so much.

With my touchpad, is there a way to rotate the camera? I found out how to zoom in and out.

You can rotate the camera by moving the mouse to the border of your screen...or by holding down the mouse wheel.

And the high framerate on older PCs was one of the key features I wanted to add. Seems to work good. YEAH!smile.png

Already finished the next weapon...a bow. And currently I am working on an inventory.

ZnyxPYCZPh0f.jpg

I have come very far the last days!

-Megatexturing works superfine.

-Inventory works.

-Enemies drop items when getting killed.

-You can change weapons and armor!

And the game finally has a name, Too easy biggrin.png

"HACKSLAY"

=============================

Check out the gameplay video!

Download of the actual game is HERE

For a bigger version of the screenshot click HERE

Gm1gjTQ2vqBN.jpg

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement