interpolating collision detection hierarchy

Started by
0 comments, last by djd2tq 22 years, 5 months ago
I''m wondering how you could go about interpolating a CD hierarchy for a given interpolated keyframe? Right now I''m animating my models using matrices that have been precalculated (30fps), so it''s easy to create a CDH for each frame. I''m using a kDOP hierarchy (from Real-Time Rendering, Moller). Would it be easier to interpolate keyframes for CD using spheres?
Advertisement
I''m a newbie at this animation/CD stuff, but I think I understand what you''re working on cuz I''ve been thinking about this subject myself. Quake 3 stores an AABB (presumbably for CD) for each keyframe inside the .md3 file format. I figure that when interpolating vertex positions between keyframes, it would be easy enough to interpolate the AABB between keyframes as well. For CD, using the interpolated AABB instead of a static sized AABB for the model would look a lot better when running into walls and such, especially if you were only interested in broad phase testing, i.e. not doing further tests inside the AABB. Anyway, I''ll be interested to see how others respond your question.

PigVomit

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement