directx 11 texture object Help

Started by
10 comments, last by Mengo 9 years, 4 months ago

i am not sure what to do! ... there are no errors at all in the output.

Exactly! wink.png That's the primary point of learning debugging techniques! I.e., Learning how to debug is an important skill, particularly when you do not get any error indications. In this particular case, Migi0027 has debugged your program for you. My previous suggestion, to learn some debugging techniques, was to urge you to learn how to do that yourself.

With regard to "no errors at all," when building the debug configuration, you need to enable the D3D11 debug layer (set the D3D11_CREATE_DEVICE_DEBUG flag in the CreateDevice/CreateDeviceAndSwapChain function) . That will provide runtime messages in the IDE output window, which Migi0027 provided above.

However, your code does check for errors, and, rather than asking others to look through a few hundred lines of code, in future, you should consider being able to post something like: "This line of code [single line of code posted] returns the error '<error_message>' Can someone help me determine why that error occurs?"

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the forums for everyone's benefit, and I can embarrass myself publicly.

You don't forget how to play when you grow old; you grow old when you forget how to play.

Advertisement

Thank you all so much! i really dont know how to thank you all the most!
Migi i couldnt belive i made those simple mistakes.Often when iam late up programming i usualy just write the first two letters of the function and then just quickly press enter! and thats how i belive i messed up the D3D11_USAGE_DYNAMIC. i guess i need to re look at what iam typing every now and then.thanks guys :)

Buckeye i really want to be good at debugging and i know the only way to get better at it is to just do it. I will go to that place to told me about learning to debug. but is there any books on c++ debugging that you reccomend?
And WOW,you guys are the reason i didnt give up on directx, but i made a promise to myself to not give up on directx. i thought that was coming to an end but no.

i will take all the stuff you guys told me ready for my next error ;)

thank you

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement