Current Survey

Started by
23 comments, last by StarMire 9 years, 3 months ago

Did the authors of the current survey specify that they were looking for responses from people within a certain demographic? After being asked my age, gender and field of employment, I was returned to the GDNet site, so I assume I'm not withon their target demographic.

Advertisement

That may be the case. There is a certain demographic they are looking for. I thought it would be easier to tell who was doing the survey but it seems to have eliminated that bias. You can tell though that it is targeted towards a particular platform.

Same here. Hopefully attempting to participate still benefited the site. Since I'm not in their target demographic, should I assume that I'm not in this draw?

Yeah unfortunately the only info we'll get back are those who submitted their email address with the survey. Maybe we'll have an extra drawing for those who at least attempted it. I'll speak with the other staff.

Yea, I was actually kind of disappointed and confused when I put down my current field of employment, and it just redirected me back to the site. Almost feel like something about that should had been mentioned or something.

But oh well. Hope they get what they want with the survey.

Same, i know we have a number of industry folk here, but alot of people are also hobbists. I hope the survey still pays out even if were not in the targeted demo.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Seems odd that they would just drop people that early into an online survey. Would have been easy enough to collect all the data from everyone and then cull after the fact, and I was wondering if it was broken or not.

I really hope that the person writing the report from this data doesn't get asked additional questions against a wider demographic, as I can imagine that awkward feeling one would get after realizing they dumped data they could have found useful later. (Three cheers for data-mining!)

Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

Agreed -- they could have made it a little more user friendly as well, by showing messages rather than just redirecting back to our site. Unfortunately we have no control over the survey itself, but thanks again to everyone who has tried (whether successful or not) to participate! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

They should also have stated that, for example i answer other because none of the categories were "exactly" what i did, but some were close. Also they should've done 2 things differently

1) Warn about it (it feels like a bug when it happens)

2) Do the filter before you give your email. Personally i don't care at all about a 25$ voucher, but i thought "fine i'll go into the Survey, the private information picked my interest, Worth giving out my email". In the end i gave them my email and i got nothing so, silly as it may sound, i feel "scammed" into taking the Survey and not getting what was advertised.

Agreed. The sad thing is that we are the only people who use your email. They called it a "sweepstakes" without attributing it to us in any way or describing the privacy policy. We just need a place to send the Amazon gift card if you win.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement