• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir_Spritely

Resources question

This topic is 6067 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Probably an easy one but I cannot find any info on it anywhere. Basically I am using the Tricks of the Windows Game programming Gurus. I am on Chapter 3, which is resources. When adding the .rc file I have been right clicking on the resources folder and choosing add new resource from disk and then double clicking on the file icon on the supplied cd. However I want to edit the .RC file whilst in the compiler so I can change things and add things, eg. the current resource I am using is a menu and I want to add more options etc to the resource script file. I cannot bring it up in the compiler so it appears in th form in the book so I can edit it? Its form is popup "File" { MENUITEM "Open", MENU_FILE_ID_OPEN etc... If you need a better explanation of what I am trying to do then let me know. Help very much appreciated! Paul.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!