Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gandolf1212

I need a Compiler

Okay, i''ve been using Borland and Borland Builder forever now but Builder seems to make you use it''s VCL for windows stuff and if there is a way to get there regular one to use DirectX libraries no one knows what it is. Basically all I want is a compiler that is easy to use and lets me make windows and dos programs using any lib files and include files. So if anyone knows 1) how to include libraries files with borlands regular compiler, 2) how to make windows programs in Builder without all the VCL/GUI stuff, 3) a better compiler to use then please post. So far DirectX seems really easy, it''s just getting a compiler to run the thing thats giving me problems. Thanks, Gandolf

To create an empty project in C++ Builder 5 select File | New...
Then select MFC Expert/ Application and create an empty (not SDI/MDI) Project. Now you have an emty project without the VCL stuff. Just include windows.h and make a winmain and you''re done.

Bah...the above posters solution just makes you use MFC instead. In BCB4 the process to create a pure Win32 application was like this: File->New - Choose "Console Wizard". Set "Window Type" to "Window(GUI)". Do not check "Include the Visual Component Library(VCL). Press Finish.
Voila!

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - - Stephen Roberts

No, if you select "empty project" in the mfc menu, it doesn''t use the mfc. It just creates an empty project. You should read the manual first before you post anything.