• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Music with DirectAudio

This topic is 5916 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am attempting to use DirectX 8 to play sound and musics in a game I am helping to make. To learn to use DirectAudio, I have used Microsoft Developer''s Network''s tutorial on the subject. The program compiles; however, I get the following linking errors: Linking... RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_DirectMusicPerformance RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectMusicPerformance8 RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoCreateInstance@20 RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_DirectMusicLoader RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectMusicLoader8 RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoInitialize@4 RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_DirectMusicSegment RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectMusicSegment8 RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GUID_DirectMusicAllTypes RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoUninitialize@0 Debug/RoR Client.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals I believe the problem is that I am not including the libraries or header files that I need. I have linked to the following libraries for the project: dxguid.lib d3dx8dt.lib d3d8.lib winmm.lib d3dxof.lib dmusic.lib. I have also included d3d8.h, d3dx8.h, and dmusici.h. If anyone knows why I am getting the linking errors, I would appreciate some input. Thanks a lot!

Advertisement
Whoops, where I put dmusic.lib, I meant to put dsound.lib. Again, if you know what may be my problem, please let me know!

• Advertisement