Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mattman57

Music with DirectAudio

Mattman57    122
I am attempting to use DirectX 8 to play sound and musics in a game I am helping to make. To learn to use DirectAudio, I have used Microsoft Developer''s Network''s tutorial on the subject. The program compiles; however, I get the following linking errors: Linking... RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_DirectMusicPerformance RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectMusicPerformance8 RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoCreateInstance@20 RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_DirectMusicLoader RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectMusicLoader8 RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoInitialize@4 RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_DirectMusicSegment RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectMusicSegment8 RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _GUID_DirectMusicAllTypes RoRDirectX.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__CoUninitialize@0 Debug/RoR Client.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals I believe the problem is that I am not including the libraries or header files that I need. I have linked to the following libraries for the project: dxguid.lib d3dx8dt.lib d3d8.lib winmm.lib d3dxof.lib dmusic.lib. I have also included d3d8.h, d3dx8.h, and dmusici.h. If anyone knows why I am getting the linking errors, I would appreciate some input. Thanks a lot!