OpenAL libraries anyone?

Started by
2 comments, last by robert_s 22 years, 5 months ago
Hi all!! I am trying to include an OpenAL sound in my engine but unfortunately I don''t have any experience with it yet! I am trying to find some OpenAL libraries but dont''t really know what libraries I should look for!! Please don''t direct me to OpenAL.org site as I think that web site is completely useless! Rubbish!! No info at all!! there are some links to their ftp site but to find the right files is like playing a lottery!! You have to be lucky to find the right files obviously if you know what you are looking for, as there is no info about the files you need to have! I am using Windows ME OS so if you know where I could download all necessary files for OpenAL then plz let me know!! thanks!! so far I !guessed! from OpenAl.org site that I will need the following files: Windows\System\OpenAL32.dll C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include\AL\aluttypes.h, alut.h, altypes.h C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Lib\ALut.lib, OpenAL32.lib I am not sure if I put it in the right directory! this was completely my guess as there is nothing on OpenAL.org where to put them!! Oh yeah!! I forgot! for those who want to learn how to create a simple logo by using two simple layers on photoshop then please visit OpenAl.org !! as thats all you can download from there!!! (stupid!!)
Advertisement
Try this page.
Hi! Thank you very much for your help!! I ''ve got the files and put them in the right place!!
I downloaded OpenAL demo example but I get errors!!!! plz try this demo if you could and tell me whats wrong! the link is http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.stuliglowa/projects/GL-Flightor/myopenAL.zip
the openAl libs are here http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robert.stuliglowa/projects/GL-Flightor/openal_libs.zip
Do you know any tutorials on OpenAL with very simple examples? thanks!!

ok! when I run just the exe file from that demo "my OpenAL" it works perfect but when I try to compile it I get 3 errors!:
openal-example.cpp
C:\Windows\Desktop\my openAL\openal-example.cpp(27) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''listenerPos''
C:\Windows\Desktop\my openAL\openal-example.cpp(27) : error C2501: ''ALfloat'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
C:\Windows\Desktop\my openAL\openal-example.cpp(27) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found
Error executing cl.exe.
my openAL.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

In settings I have "All Cofigurations" and in link openal32.lib and alut.lib added!!! what is wrong???

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement