• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tj963

Unknown Error

This topic is 6066 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I got this strange error: error C2061: syntax error : identifier ''TDispObj'' The problem is I can''t find the problem and it isn''t in the help files. It''s in a class (only relavent code included): #include "DispObj.h" class D3DObject { public: D3DObject(); void AddDispObj(TDispObj* Obj); // Generates the error ... private: ... }; In DispObj.h: class TDispObj { virtual TError* Draw() = 0; virtual TError* Create() = 0; virtual void Release() = 0; int mOrder; }; I don''t understand at all where the error is coming from. I have other similar references all over the place but for some reason it doesn''t like this one. The TDispObj is an abstract base class which I derive other objects from so they all have the same interface so I can call the in a loop without knowing their type. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Tim

Advertisement
Have you looked up error C2061 in MSDN? It has some interesting information. Check it out.

I wanna work for Microsoft!

Thanks a lot. I wasn''t searching with the C on it. I don''t understand how that relates to my problem though. It says local function definitions are illegal. I''m just trying to define a function as part of a class. Thanks a lot for helping me find that in MSDN though.

tj963

After much work, I discovered the problem was that I had circular include statements. Thanks for the help.

tj963

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!