2.5d (isometric) game... depth.

Started by
1 comment, last by cfreak19 9 years, 3 months ago

Before everything, i have plenty experience in using Game Maker previously, so i more or less know the gist to game making and my actual aim is to improve myself in other ways than just GML. So in order to achieve this i've been preparing with some new sprites for an indie 2.5D game to be carried to unity (some updated sprites of an older, halfway through game), but among things i've been learning here and there, the path to getting the optimum results for my needs, i just cannot figure out and/or could not come to find on the internet how to handle depth perception in 2d, any suggestions and ideas are welcome and highly appriciated. I also need help avoiding certain objects.

Advertisement

Hello cfreak,

Google has some results on the topic. Turns out you are not the first person to want to do this.

Look at the following thread for example http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/isometric-game-in-unity.19423/

Regards

Henry

Thanks for your help, lots of good ideas in there but that does not really solve my problem, i'd rather keep it plain 2D as it is, else my other scripts will have a lot to change.

Edit: anyways, i found a workaround until i find a better way.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement