Download Library of 3D models.

Started by
5 comments, last by BitMaster 9 years, 3 months ago
Good afternoon!

I am looking for a loader models under the c++ and opengl. Tell me how to choose which is more convenient, which format is best.
FBX, but tried the documentation wasn't really good, did not understand until the end + complexity.

Liked Assimp, but never found a good example under C:B.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the error, use an interpreter.

Advertisement

I don't understand.

Assimp is a C++ library (it has a C interface as well I believe) so what do you mean, never found a good example under C:B? CodeBlocks?

Do you mean you are unable to build/link Assimp with your particular compiler setup?

I don't understand.

Assimp is a C++ library (it has a C interface as well I believe) so what do you mean, never found a good example under C:B? CodeBlocks?

Do you mean you are unable to build/link Assimp with your particular compiler setup?

I mean that is not found in normal and simple example which could be explored and sorted out in it. My environment Code: Blocs, which also imposes certain conditions. In fact I can't find just find a normal simple example that could be compiled, but little information in the documentation.

And still would be an example of how to use the Assimp specifically in my development environment.

Thank you very much for the answer)

My environment Code: Blocs, which also imposes certain conditions.
That have nothing to do with the code itself.

Calls will be exactly the same using Visual Studio, Code::Blocks, Xcode, QtCreator, or an hex editor and lots of patience. Code will be the same. The only thing that will differ is the menus for linking the libraries to your project.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

The only thing that will differ is the menus for linking the libraries to your project.

And potentially default settings for project or compiler flags, etc.

Like Chubby says, if the code works in another IDE, the code isn't the problem.

Hello to all my stalkers.

The only thing that will differ is the menus for linking the libraries to your project.

And potentially default settings for project or compiler flags, etc.

Like Chubby says, if the code works in another IDE, the code isn't the problem.

My environment Code: Blocs, which also imposes certain conditions.
That have nothing to do with the code itself.

Calls will be exactly the same using Visual Studio, Code::Blocks, Xcode, QtCreator, or an hex editor and lots of patience. Code will be the same. The only thing that will differ is the menus for linking the libraries to your project.

So, no matter what the environment... So understand now where to go next. Thank you for the answers. This is the bestforum I have seen on game development, and the people here are good! Although I am a Russian, but for many more toconverse than on our forums)

-as far as I understand, download library is simply a data model file parser? So, no matter what format you choose model-the main thing to understand the structure of this file, and using the library load models to weed out these details, download thebuffery and render data from bufferov?

I understand correctly?
The documentation only shows how to open a file, but about how to filter out data from it-nothing ... Therein lies the problemof documentation. It is difficult to understand the library, of which virtually nothing is known about it.

And one more question-is it possible to draw only the geometry file, without animation, texture and light sources-and only the peaks? -that would be where to start ... ... ... ....

I don't know what you are referring to. I just googled Assimp and found this page page as part of the documentation. The call to Assimp::Importer::ReadFile returns an object of type aiScene which is directly hyperlinked right there.
From aiScene you have direct access to the meshes, materials and more contained in the scene.

The Assimp main page also contains something called a simple OpenGL sample.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement