Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coderx75

Win2000 and Direct3D problems

coderx75    435
Hey Ppl''z, I''m trying to get up to date with game programming by converting my old DOS games into Direct3D Win32 apps. I''m running Windows 2000 and having mad probs with Direct 3D... even the demos that come with the SDK fail. Here''s the error: "Could not load required media. Switching to the reference rasterizer, a software device that implements the entire Direct3D feature set, but runs very slowly." So descriptive! Thank you Microsoft! =b So, I click ok and it gives me this error: "Could not load required media. This sample will now exit." Anyone else have this problem? I''ve run Windows Update and got Service Pack 2 along with all other updates and I''ve also installed the latest driver for the video card. Here''s my config: P4 1.5 512 Meg Ram GeForce3 Thanks!

CrazedGenius    156
I have no idea what''s wrong, but the error codes mean that the app couldn''t find a texture or model file in the path it looked in, and the code about the reference device was telling you that it was switching to the reference device...

Could it be that the SDK was not properly installed? Which apps fail? With the GF3, you shouldn''t need to fall back to the ref device... This is not a 2000 issue.

invective    118
I derived my code from the sample code, and I got the "could load media," when I tried to load a texture and specified the wrong file name.