Help me, i am a newbie!

Started by
3 comments, last by New Developer 22 years, 5 months ago
I have always dreamed of creating my own games, i always wanted to create a game based on the Matrix. But i never really started to follow my dream utile i bought Max Payne. My Question is.....is there a way to rip game engine out of commercial games to use in your own? (don''t laugh, i am new to programming). And if so, would it just be easier to creat matrix mods? And does any one have tips for creating mods for Max Payne? Robert Lee Godwin
Robert Lee Godwin
Advertisement
quote:Original post by New Developer
My Question is.....is there a way to rip game engine out of commercial games to use in your own? (don''t laugh, i am new to programming).

No, that''s not possible.

quote:Original post by New Developer
And if so, would it just be easier to creat matrix mods? And does any one have tips for creating mods for Max Payne?

You don''t normally need to rip the engine code out of a game to make a mod anyway. Check around the website of the game, they''ll have either information or downloads for making mods (if they''re authorized). Otherwise, check around on the internet for information.
unfortunately, the people who did MDK are already developing a Matrix game.
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
Hey, what i would say is that you should go out and do these things:
================
1. Get a Compiler (MS VC++)
2. Get the book "Teach your Self C++ in 21 days" or "Teach your Self C in 21 days"
3. Get the book "OpenGL Game Programming" or any on DX8
================
Hope that helped!

- Lurking
- Lurking
If you''ve never programmed before, I don''t recommend buying a commercial compiler (money is a good thing). You can download Dev C++ which uses a port of the Win32 libraries called MinGW and GCC as a compiler.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement