Job Applications - How often should you follow-up?

Started by
2 comments, last by Olliepm 9 years, 2 months ago

Hey guys! Been a long time since I've been on here - uni consumes my life now...

Anyhoo, I've applied for a job by emailing a studio's audio director with my C.V. and demos etc. This was after meeting him at a masterclass, so he knew I would be in touch about the job. I sent my email on 24th January, and I've had no reply of any kind. I was just wondering how soon I should follow-up with another email? My email had an interactive sound design demo made with UDK3 (my most recent work). I sent the UDK files, but offered to make a screen-cast video of the demo if he preferred; I'm thinking I'd better make the screen-cast anyway, and attach it to the follow up email? I also attached a regular sound design demo I did a few years ago.

Words of wisdom welcome!

-Ollie

Advertisement

Wait at least one full week or so (7 days). Audio guys, especially in-house ones, get swamped. You don't wanna pester the guy but you do want to seem interested! Best of luck!

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

I second nathan's recommendation, usually 1 week just as a follow up to ask if they received your initial email. Development can be quite busy with milestones, meetings, and managing staff and multiple projects needs - then there's actually time to do audio work.

Game Audio Professional
www.GroovyAudio.com

Thanks guys!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement