Sign in to follow this  
wburton

Questions about Unreal 4 Blueprint?

Does anyone know if I can make an entire Unreal 4 game in blueprint without installing VS 2013? Its not that I have a problem with programming its just Visual Studio (Community) is a meaty install at around 10gigs. Is a C++ solution better than blueprint?

Edited by wburton

Is a C++ solution better than blueprint?

Blueprint is an other approach and targets other users. Blueprints might be easier for non-coders to create games, nevertheless, I think that you will have more options when using the standard UE4 development way (scripting/c++?).

Are you an experienced developer ? Are you familiar with developing languages ? If not, and you are quite new to coding and programming, then blueprint might be a better start for you.

Yes you can.

There is a small FPS loss when using blueprints, but not so much that you as a indie or small studio developers will have to worry about.

When you make a AAA game using only blueprints will make a impact on the game, but you will then probably have a team of sixty developers some of them coders.

Using the material merge feature will make a very larger impact on your FPS, more so than using only blueprints.

The largest problem with blueprints is that it can get confusing, however the Function and debug options outweigh the negatives.

Edited by Scouting Ninja