Sign in to follow this  
Scythuz

Portfolio Showcase Feedback

Scythuz    202

So I currently have this as my portfolio.  I was wondering if I could get any feedback for the next time I make one?  For example I'd really appreciate any feedback on: pacing, production quality, transitions, choice of track genre/style etc.

Any help is much appreciated :)

Kerfuffle    425

Good mix of genres and styles, and some really nice tracks. The Japanese style track is really convincing, although I feel the guitar on the fourth track could use some more punch and impact. I think you might be a bit heavy-handed on the reverb as well, particularly in the 2nd last track. Overall though the portfolio is really decent, and you seem like you've got a good grasp on quite a lot of genres.

In terms of pacing, from what I have read around this forum 5 minutes could be a bit too long - you might want to consider shortening the segments to their most compelling moments and shrink the demo down to about 2-3 minutes total.

Scythuz    202

Good mix of genres and styles, and some really nice tracks. The Japanese style track is really convincing, although I feel the guitar on the fourth track could use some more punch and impact. I think you might be a bit heavy-handed on the reverb as well, particularly in the 2nd last track. Overall though the portfolio is really decent, and you seem like you've got a good grasp on quite a lot of genres.

In terms of pacing, from what I have read around this forum 5 minutes could be a bit too long - you might want to consider shortening the segments to their most compelling moments and shrink the demo down to about 2-3 minutes total.

Thanks a lot for this!  It's tough to get a convincing guitar sound out of Shreddage 2 and I've had a few ups and downs with it, I do seem to slowly be getting better though.  I agree with the reverb and I've started using a lot less these days already, it's good to know I'm already going in the right direction there.  I'll be sure to shorten the next one I do too.

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen to the showcase and give feedback on it, I really appreciate it!