Whats up with the animation!

Started by
4 comments, last by Spindle 19 years, 12 months ago
Hey! First off this is the 400 post! Seconde, I have my models for my game, I am using the code at Real Soon Now. My guy does a backflip looks aorund and jumps! why doesn''t it look like that in the app but it does in Milkshape. ie. When he jumps in the app it looks like his legs are getting longer and when he does a back flip his whole torso is screwed up. Any ideas? SpinTech Studios
Check out the latest Games and Demos
Addicted Technolagy Raven Engine - Join Us :)
Advertisement
I didn''t test the translation code very well... maybe there is a bug in it. Can you email me the model?

My turnaround time on this stuff is pretty poor these days... I have a lot of work on. Sorry guys!

Will give it a shot though. And if you find a bug in the code, please forward it on so I can correct it.

~~~
Cheers!
Brett Porter
PortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGL
Community Service Announcement: Read How to ask questions the smart way before posting!
~~~Cheers!Brett PorterPortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGLCommunity Service Announcement: Read How to ask questions the smart way before posting!
Actually I htink its becuase only one join was highlighted when I set the frame and the child joind below it were not. Once I hightlighted them and set key frame, it worked out fine. Rule of thumb, HIghlight everything. Anyways I am leaving ms3d and moving to md2 and md3 models. If you still want the model, tell me and I''ll send it. Thakns again

SpinTech Studios
I''m not sure what MS3D is doing then - you have joints with no keyframes essentially. Weird!

There is an option in MS3D to "operate on all joints" so you don''t get that problem, good for moving a whole lot of joints to a set point.

And I believe it exports to MD2/MD3 and many other formats, so you need not change if you don''t want...

~~~
Cheers!
Brett Porter
PortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGL
Community Service Announcement: Read How to ask questions the smart way before posting!
~~~Cheers!Brett PorterPortaLib3D : A portable 3D game/demo libary for OpenGLCommunity Service Announcement: Read How to ask questions the smart way before posting!
I have tried to export to md2 wiht no animaitons (or joints) so it won''t export then when I add a bone and export it siad cna''t export md2.qc or something. It doesn''t matter, I have good md2 models I am using from www.polycount.com.

SpinTech Studios
Hey, I know exactly what you''re talking about. I''ve had the same problem, but I''ve been using milkshape''s msviewer source code to display the models. I''ve found that if I save the model while in animation mode, the model gets totally screwed up, but if I get out of animation mode before I save, it''s okay. Also make sure you don''t have extra frames in there. For instance, don''t have only 4 frames of animation, but have the max frames set at 20 or something. This worked for me.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement