Released my game open source...

Started by
4 comments, last by Krohm 9 years, 2 months ago

Hi,

I just thought I would post this incase anyone is interested.

In August of last year I released a game on Google play and after its somewhat failed success I made it free-to-play and have now decided to release the source code which can be found here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dreadsarmy/

The game only made something like £15 overall which was about 5 months of work (a few months also working full-time for a games company). I suppose this is partly my fault for not capitalising on the micro-transactions approach most companies are taking nowadays (i.e Clash of Clans) and also for not having a marketing division tongue.png but hey.

Just thought this might be useful to some people starting in Android mobile development, the code is very simple, the majority of work was the artwork which was done in Blender.

Cheers.

Advertisement
Thanks for sharing!

- Jason Astle-Adams

Just a quick suggestion - Github is a better bet than SourceForge these days. SourceForge is a slow, stagnant, dried-up, heavily ad-infested shadow of its former self, existing only to extract ad dollars for its custodians, who have very little interest in any of the respect that the developer community once had for it. The only reason you tend to find open source projects on there these days is due to legacy. Github, on the other hand, is faster, easier to use, has a nicer interface, has no ads and has a vibrant developer community. It is pretty much where most of the open source action is nowadays.

Thanks. Yes weird as for ex. this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mindblocks.blocks_light&hl=en

seems pretty popular. Shoot'em are around for so long, people probably got sick of.

that is really sad, hope you have more luck on your next game!

My CVMy money management app: ELFSHMy game about shooting triangles: Lazer of Death

This deserves way more than 15 bucks. Also good work for 5 months!

Previously "Krohm"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement