Music feedback

Started by
3 comments, last by marcelofg55 9 years, 2 months ago

Hi, I'm a music composer and I'm currently writing music for some indie RPG Games, I've written intro music, town music, etc, and I'm looking for some feedback on the music, the album is here: https://marcelofernandez.bandcamp.com/album/rpg-game-music

Thanks for your time listening, I appreciate it.

Regards,

Marcelo

Advertisement

I like "small epic intro" very much. This sounds very grand and epic. "intro of dragons" is very flat, from what I am hearing it should have the same grand quality as "small epic intro". "fame town" and "magical forest" are both very enjoyable. Very good music as a whole!

Thanks for the comment LanderGames, I'm glad you enjoyed my music, I hear what you say about "intro of dragons", I didn't noticed that when I composed it, thanks for the opinion :)

Hey there, marcel, here are my reactions...

1. Intro of Dragons - A little plodding, and I really feel like the bottom end is too muddy (are you currently spelling out the whole triad in your lower strings?). That said, I like when the woodwind doubling comes in.

2. Small Epic Intro - Altogether nice sounds in here, especially with the choir. The drums feel a little washed out for me: maybe there's some way to make them clearer and more crisp?

3. Fame Town - Very much like the tamborine sounds in the background (they give a sense of of rural simplicity). That said, the flute right now is much too dry for me (does it have reverb on it?)

4. Medieval Rondo - I liked the first few opening bars of this, but when the main solo instrument came in around 0:10, I particularly didn't like its sound. The flute later on is better, though.

That's my take on the first few tracks. Hope it's helpful!

Thanks for the detailed comments Elahrairah, I appreciate you took the time to write your opinion on my tracks, I'll check those drums and flute reverb. The triad in the Intro of Dragons is on the mid section of the strings, I used only the tonic on the lower strings.

It sure helped your opinion, thanks again!

Regards,

Marcelo

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement