• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Qizz

Text-based game about life

This topic is 1242 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

1.gif

Hi everyone,

I develop text-based game on Android. I can not understand, whether interesting game design. Check out, please. 

PS: sorry for my english. It's not native language. 

Twitter

Google+

APK-file

Couple screenshots

[spoiler]CYYDQnm.png

xvqxSVI.png

FUUhUty.png

zVJSTQE.png[/spoiler]

Edited by Qizz

Advertisement

What is the object of the game? Is there a goal that the players have to achieve? I also make text-based games. You have an interesting concept, but I don't really see the gameplay in your screenshots.

Perhaps you could make something similar to Memoir. Memoir is also a text-based game in which you play through the life of a character, making miscellaneous choices along the way. The goal of that game is to live as long as possible, or to avoid making decisions that might result in an early death. I recommend playing through that game a few times to figure out how you want to structure your own gameplay.

On Rye

I don't really see the gameplay in your screenshots.

I think it is wrong to judge the gameplay by the screenshots. 

Then I don't see much point in including them

Also, I did catch one thing in the screenshots: The dollar signs goes before the numbers when talking about money. As in $5, $1000, etc.

I don't really see the gameplay in your screenshots.

Oh, I didn't say there wasn't any gameplay. I just couldn't tell from the screenshots, and there was no description to explain what you were showing us. Perhaps you could tell us a bit more about your game. That would very much help others provide more appropriate and helpful suggestions.

I mentioned this earlier, but goals are very important in video games. There has to be a reason why the player is doing various things within your game. 

• For example, in Tetris the goal is to keep the field clear while blocks fall from the top of the screen. The gameplay involves strategically placing the various shapes to clear the field.

- Win Condition: The player keeps the field clear until the time runs out.

- Lose Condition: The player is unable to keep the field clear and no more blocks are able to fall. Game Over.

• In Street Fighter, the goal is to win fights. The gameplay involves using various attacks to lower an opponent's health points (HP) to zero. 

- Win Condition: The player reduces an opponent's HP to zero.

- Lose Condition: The opponent reduces the player's HP to zero.

From what I can see, you have Events, Actions, Activities, and Items. Maybe your gameplay involves keeping your mood, energy, and hunger bars full. After a long look, it seems that you have various achievements in your game. It's important to note that achievements and goals are not exactly the same thing.

As a side note, have you played Memoir yet? You didn't comment on the other part of my post, so I wasn't sure if it was helpful to you.

On Rye

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!