• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
trowtlip

If I where to port game client from javascript, three.js, to...

This topic is 1241 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

If I had a notion to port my game client code from html5, javascript, three.js to an executable client; what would be the most congruent language and toolset?

I'm moving along very well with the tools I'm using at the moment, and I've de-complicated my goals quite a bit to realize an end. I would like to keep using node as the backend though. I'm wondering what I could build a "real" client in and keep moving at my current pace, assuming I'm using good patterns and practices in javascript. 3D components, but turn based for network and server interaction is the current direction. Maybe a job for Python? Just thinking about removing the "browser variable" as a long-term nugget, and if I can keep the time cost difference low to keep moving along. 

Thanks! 

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!