• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Platzak

How do I know if I'm an intermediateprogramming level?

This topic is 1351 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wondered if I already reached an intermediate level of C++ programming.

I know this is relative, but maybe you can help me.

I know and can use the following things:

-variables

-basic input/output

-functions

-conditional statement

-loops

-arrays

-vectors

-basics of pointers/references (I know how to use them)

-classes

-operator overloading

-inheritance

Thanks

Advertisement

I'm not sure there is a line in the sand anywhere, but IMHO if you are asking, then you are likely not. I do not see any mention of templates, or the std::lib, which are quite within the range of what I would consider "intermediate" programming in c++. I've been working with c++ for a long time(longer than i care to even admit sometimes) and pascal and basic before that, and I still consider myself quite a "beginner" in regards to programming as a whole. My advice, don't give it a second thought, go out and write more code.

Thanks people,

I already understood that there wasn't a real border between beginner/novice and intermediate.

I see now that my question is a bit useless and stupid, but to clear something out:

I asked this question, because I see often in books: "You need to have an intermediate level of programming knowledge"

and I just wondered if I had that already (just to measure what you'd need to know).

Thanks again, your answers helped me :D

I asked this question, because I see often in books: "You need to have an intermediate level of programming knowledge"

Well, that is a very different question than the answers above are aimed at.

From that perspective, I'd say that it sounds as if you are at a stage where books aimed at "intermediate" programmers will be useful to you.

This topic is 1351 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.