• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Fredericvo

Unity VS 2013 Community Edition while keeping VS 2012 Express

This topic is 1266 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm slowly being tempted to move away from VS 2012 to VS 2013 Community Edition but don't want to do so if it implies uninstalling VS 2012 Express as I'd want to be sure that all my past projects compile fine with it.

Are there any conflicts between both versions or can you safely install the newer version into its own folder?

Is it even necessary to be afraid that some projects wouldn't compile without involved setting modifications, paths etc?

EDIT:

Sorry don't bother, I finally found the clear & concise answer that I was looking for.

If only the legalese could do the same :p

Q: Can you install Visual Studio Community 2013 and Visual Studio Express editions on the same machine?

A: Yes.

Edited by Fredericvo

Advertisement
Visual Studio versions always allow you to install them side-by-side for the exact reason you're stating smile.png

In fact, Visual Studio, if it detects older versions installed on your machine, can even let you pick the compiler to use. So you could use the 2013 project format and UI while building your old project with the 2012 compiler.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!