• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
cebugdev

data storage in HTML5 for android

This topic is 1233 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi all,

we have an HTML5 game that we are planning to release into android by wrapping it thru a webview and running it locally (we dont want to port and rewrite the game), how do we handle saving and retrieving game data? 

currently, our experience in HTML5 are games hosted in facebook and data are stored in databases thru connection to servers, now we want to make local running games in mobile by using HTML5.

Advertisement
One possibility is that you install your own lightweight web service on the device the user is playing on, and make 'localhost' HTTP requests to it. It seems like a hack, but this shouldn't take too much effort.

Also, Chrome on Android apparently has (had?) support for a nonstandard HTML5 FileSystem API which you could try, but I know nothing about it.

I haven't used HTML5 myself. It's possible there's something built-in which can do this for you. Edited by Nypyren

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!