• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

An alternative to the Sponza mesh for demos?

This topic is 1149 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

We've all seen the Sponza mesh so many times in demos and presentations. I was wondering if anyone had other suggestions for other decent, publicly available models/scenes with textures, normal maps etc? I would just like a nice new playground to fool around in and if I upload a vid not to disappear into the fog of Sponza and Teapot material videos

Advertisement

if I upload a vid not to disappear into the fog of Sponza and Teapot material videos

The scene is less important, the best about the Sponza scene is, that it is complex, the de-facto standard for game-environment rendering technologies, not a single closed object (dragon,buddha,teapot etc.) and that you can easily compare your technology with other technologies using the same input.

Edited by Ashaman73

Tessellator, That natural history museum looks great! Also CulDeVu, thanks, I literally just downloaded that mesh this afternoon myself from the same location! Thanks anyway, appreciated

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement