• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
NumberXaero

OpenGL Vulkan is Next-Gen OpenGL

This topic is 727 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Yeah, as I said in the other thread, it seems sane... a Khronos take on the Mantle API.

Interested to see the complete model; do we get separate command queues for graphics and compute? (based on the ImgTec blog this looks to be the case!) how does it deal with multiple gpu machine? what about upload/download control?

But on the face of it things look sane... which I still find confusing... biggrin.png Edited by phantom

BTW, this paves the way for a true HLSL->SPIR-V compiler, evntually allowing people to use their existing source files 
vec4 master race represent!

Will work on any platform that supports OpenGL ES 3.1 and up

Now THAT is exciting news.

EDIT: Maybe I spoke too soon, AMD doesn't support it then?  Weird.

Edited by Boreal Games

ES3.1 is just a target hardware level; AMD just don't have a driver for it is all and ES is used because Mobile.

AMD's hardware will support this, likely anything which can support GL3.3 (which is roughly where ES3.1 is) has the ability to support this API which means basically all hardware in the wild today on the desktop. (driver allowing.)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!