• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Myrotik

GUI help

This topic is 1200 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi i would like to know if somebody could help me with my GUI. I would like to know how to program buttons a GUI and how to make interactive buttons. I need to know how to do it in Monogame. I have tried to use content unload and somewhat making the buttons.

Edited by Myrotik

Advertisement

Specify what framework you're using: In this case, Monogame. Also tell what you've already tried. This post won't help you because it does not have enough information.

Specify what framework you're using: In this case, Monogame. Also tell what you've already tried. This post won't help you because it does not have enough information.

i will rewrite it ty.

i will rewrite it ty.

Still needs more. What've you tried?

Rendering: Draw a textured rectangle and some text if the button needs text.
Input handling: Detect when the mouse is within the rectangle. Have the renderer change the rectangle's color in this situation.
Input handling: If the mouse is clicked (up->down->up) while still inside the button, treat it as a button press. Edited by Nypyren

Input handling: Detect when the mouse is within the rectangle. Have the renderer change the rectangle's color in this situation.
Input handling: If the mouse is clicked (up->down->up) while still inside the button, treat it as a button press.

Can you tell me more indepth?

Input handling: If the mouse is clicked (up->down->up) while still inside the button, treat it as a button press.

Can you tell me more indepth?

Try this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9712932/2d-xna-game-mouse-clicking

If you want more detailed replies, register on the website and go the programming section and post there.

EDIT:

apparently XNA includes a mouse class.Try and use that.

Edited by Ovicior

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!