Started by
6 comments, last by Bernardolo 8 years, 2 months ago

super-red-hot-hero-greenlight-banner.png

SRHHLogo.png
A frantic platformer game by StrangeLight Games

IMAGE LINK TO YOUTUBE VIDEO

super-red-hot-hero-emitter-turret-screen

AboutTheGame_Btn.png

Super Red-Hot Hero is a frantic action-platformer game inspired by Super Mario Bros, Super Meat Boy and Megaman. Play as Super Red-Hot Hero, the guy whose heart was replaced by a cell of thermal energy. But not any energy. His heart was replaced by a cell of Red-Hot Energy, the most powerful thermal energy ever created. With such an amount of Red-Hot Energy pulsing through our hero’s veins, Super Red-Hot Hero blew up the laboratory where Kazan Army created him and he ran away. With his new powers he can hop through the explosions of Red-Hot Energy at the speed of light, punching and shooting the forces of the Kazan Army in his path. Make your enemies explode to hop into their explosions of Red-Hot Energy!!

Features_Btn.png

• More than fifty frantic and full-of-explosions stages!
  • Amazing powers to facilitate making things explode, and create Red-Hot Explosions to hop in!
  • Punch enemies!
  • Shoot enemies!
  • Different ways to complete the stages depending on your creativity making enemies explode!
  • Stunning Red-Hot Music
  • Easy to play. Hard to master. Always fun.

AboutUs_Btn.png

StrangeLight Games was founded in 2013 by a group of friends. We decided to start a small indie studio to make games that we would like to play.

In 2014 we were selected to participate in the GameBcn program, a videogames company accelerator powered by Incubio, La Caixa and La Generalitat de Catalunya.

Nowadays we are three people developing Super Red-Hot Hero, and looking for a publisher to release it on consoles and pc.

Contact.png

www.strangelightgames.com

contact@strangelightgames.com

twitter.com/StrangeLightGMS

facebook.com/Strangelightgames

Advertisement

Looks nice. Dynamicly and colorfull ;D Keep it up!

Thanks! smile.png I'm glad you like it!

Looking real good there Bernardolo! I'm curious though, the IndieDB page for the project notes that it's both single-player and multi-player. Is multi-player a thing or was that a mistake on the page? I didn't see it mentioned here so if it's a feature that's intended you might want to post about it hear to get people more excited ;D.

Thanks Ninjaboi! Yes, it will be a competitive multi-player mode. I will talk about it when we have more to show ;)
It's been a long time without posting anything, but we have been working hard, so I think it is time to show some new aspects.

The Energy System

Super Red-Hot Hero (hereafter SRHH) survives on Red-Hot Energy, but his energy will not last forever. Furthermore, his blast glove uses the same Red-Hot Energy. So, SRHH needs to collect energy or he will end like...

super-red-hot-hero-no-energy.gif

For the time being, SRHH can recover energy by picking little Red-Hot Energy spots.

super-red-hot-hero-dots-recover-energy.g

Or he can fill a complete slot in the bar picking the most powerful Cells (used, also, to improve the energy bar... but this will be another story ;))

super-red-hot-hero-cell-recover-energy.g

The idea behind this system is to add a frenetic component to the game, because you can't be quiet anymore. But, at the same time, control when and how this will start to be a problem (at the first levels, for example, the Red-Hot Energy spots will be common, but not in the hardest ones).

Well, today I want to talk about the most basic power which we will use in Super Red-Hot Hero: the Red-Hot Travel.

With the Red-Hot Travel, our Hero can jump between Red-Hot Energy portals (what we call a Density). Those densities are made of a large amount of concentrated energy.

This power is very useful not just because you can move further than jumping, but because Red-Hot Hero can avoid walls, enemies...

For example you can go through this big yellow block (which in the future will have some nice graphics ;)):

super-red-hot-hero-wall-travel.gif

You can, also, aim with the left stick to target your prefered density. When you Travel, some of your movement speed appears as inertia at the end of the travel, so you can use it to jump large dangerous areas if you choose wisely your targets...

super-red-hot-hero-spikes-choose-travel.

Note: yes, those black things are very dangerous and mortal spikes. You know, under development graphics and so...

To choose the target between visible densities, we use what we called Red-Hot Target (Oh! Something called Red-Hot something! Unbelievable!). The Red-Hot Target is a simple system that allows you to aim your Travels, but don't make it more difficult if any density is ok for you. To see how it works, a picture is worth a thousand words:

super-red-hot-hero-red-hot-target.jpg

As a final example with the Travel, I will show a combination of powers. As you progress in the game, you will find new (and always amazing!!) powers. For example, you can shoot at your enemies with the Blast Gloves (so mockup at the moment, I promise a post with improves). And as those enemies are made of Red-Hot Energy, they create densities when they die. Perfect to move faster through the stage.

super-red-hot-hero-shoot-n-travel.gif

Indeed, we shown more combos in the first video, but at the moment there are so many thing to improve...
Our idea with this system is to give the player some freedom to create their own way, using the enemies as puzzle pieces. Well, and in many of these gifs the camera is nearest to the player than in most part of the game (I made very small gifs because i don't know how to make them bigger without increasing the size of the file too much ^^'), but in the ingame stages, the Red-Hot Travel option will create multiple ways to solve some parts or find hidden objects. Or just to move faster while a giant tsunami of magma is chasing you. But this is another story...

Hi everybody! It's been a long time since my las post, we've been so busy. I would like to update the info about our game. I also would like to inform yout that we've started a greenlight campaign and we'll start a kickstarter in a few weeks. If you want to have a look at it and if you like it and you want to help us wit your vote, it would be GREAT.

Many thanks!!

Here's the link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=619919489

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement