• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Spidi

Memorynth - Lost in the labyrinth of memory

This topic is 1226 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:6204]

Hi everyone,

I'm Tamás Karsai, an aspiring hobbyist game developer from Hungary, and I've been lurking on Gamedev.net forums for ages.
Being a "bit" asocial/shy kept me from registering and posting, but I've learned an awful lot and got a lot of motivation from this site.

So first and foremost, thanks for all of you for everything I've got from you!

As you can see something has changed smile.png. I've finally completed a game project, so I've decided to take this next step as a person and become an active part of the game development community.

Over with the introduction, onto the game:
It is a really simple memory game called Memorynth.
You have to guide your wizard apprentice out from a tricky labyrinth, and you have to rely on your mind (or luck biggrin.png) to succeed.

You can get the game here, it's set to pay what you want, so it can be tried out for free:
http://spidi.itch.io/memorynth

Some technical and art specs:
I programmed the game in C# using the XNA framework.
Made the art using GIMP 2.
Used Audacity for editing / finalizing generated sound effects and music.
Found some fitting music under public license, to make it complete.
A lot of code was reused from my unfinished hobby projects written in the last couple of years.
It took a little less than two weeks of full-time work, expanded over the last two months in my spare time.

As mentioned on the itch.io game site, I'm still thinking about doing an update for it, so I'm really interested in hearing some feedback!

Thank you very much, if you try it out. Hope you enjoy!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!