Insane comment

Started by
2 comments, last by Sik_the_hedgehog 9 years ago

So I was browsing through the code trying to fix some camera issues that we have in the game.

This is what I encounter at some point, made me laugh a lot:

//TODO: PUT Back IN !!!!! NAUGHTY   (I am naughtier)
return 0;//(int)Mathf.Floor (t * 100);
Advertisement
Haha! Naughty comments... You've just opened up a whole new realm of possibilities for my day job! :-)

Naughty MUMPS routines? Challenge accepted!

Hooray for version control.

That kind of thing is a good one to find the change list, find their commit comments and name, and add your exact post plus those details to your team.

It may be funny in the moment, but consider the time spent with QA identifying the issue, reporting it, tracking it, the developer searching for it, correcting it, and QA testing it again, adding it to regression tests.

The "ha ha" moment may be funny, right up until you realize how many thousands of dollars or work hours it costs.

I was under the impression that replacing it with 0 was a hack rather than a prank (I lost the count of times I'd use placeholder values until stuff was fully working), but without context that's impossible to know =P

Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement