Weird Texture Problem?

Started by
1 comment, last by RPGman 22 years, 5 months ago
I am working on my landscape engine, and my texturing was fine earlier. But now, for some reason i get this weird artifact in my game. Here it is in a picture, the mess-up is in the bottem right corner. As you can see, the detail texture doesnt show up as it gets closer to the camera. Does anyone have any idea on what is happening? btw, i am using mipmapped textures created by opengl. I am running on a voodoo 3 3000, athlon 1.4 w/ 256megs ddr ram (dunno if that will help tho) thanx Edited by - rpgman on November 10, 2001 2:03:17 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------If it sounds like a good idea, do it. It is much harder to get permission than it is to apologize.
Advertisement
More info needed, like how are you rendering, is that patch always there, what data structures you are using...and so on.

I am using opengl, the artifact is there most of the time, and i am using a heightmap with LOD. im using multitexturing to put on the detail texture. The heightmap is basically an array of floats.
--------------------------------------------------------------If it sounds like a good idea, do it. It is much harder to get permission than it is to apologize.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement