Game Test

Started by
35 comments, last by JSCFaith 22 years, 5 months ago
Glad to hear you guys like it. Now look at that.

"Working. 85 fps. Geforce2 GTS. P2 400. "

He has a slower computer but he is getting 85 fps instead of 30 like two other guys with Geforce2''s and 500 mhz cpus. What is with that? Lol

Later.
Advertisement
Ok now it works just fine =)

no output file was created..

RAM: 128MB
Video Card: GeForce2 MX 64MB AGP
CPU: P3 500MHz
FPS: 300
Problems: other than getting my ass busted, no...
Suggestions: The game should last for longer or otherwise it''s not as fun... for example when lots of rocks are on the screen when they explode there''s no way you can survive... so they hit you.. i suggest as the levels go on, you reduce the probability of those rocks exploding into many smaller rocks (the one that shoot in 90 degrees, not the ones that split the rock in smaller pieces).... also, the sound that make *boom* *boom* every second or so when the ship has been hit is a little annoying.. even tho the idea to have the plane a little crushed and have some flames show there, use a different sound that is being played less often... and maybe the flames that show from the ship to display less often...

That''s about all I could think at the moment... It''s a great game, keep up the good work
What do you mean by make the game longer? Add more levels? Or just make the rate at which the levels get harder less? Also, you mean the tiny little asteroids with the trail right? I should lessen those in the later levels? Well thanks for you suggestions. I will get to work.

Thanks, later.

Any more suggestions/comments are appreciated.

works but at only 28fps!
win98se, 256mb ram, geforce3, athlon 1.33ghz, 28fps!

however at 28fps the game was very playable. only problem i had was that afier you first take damage, a sound file kept looping over and over. i don''t know if you wanted it like that but it was annoying to me.

great game. very beautiful
"And considering that my free time is severly fragmented (and my free time degragmenter is buggy)....."~SiCrane, patron of gamedev.net
quote:Original post by Gladiator
Ok now it works just fine =)

no output file was created..

RAM: 128MB
Video Card: GeForce2 MX 64MB AGP
CPU: P3 500MHz
FPS: 300

How is he getting 300 fps and you with a Geforce 3, 1.33ghz only getting 28? Please tell me this doesn''t make sense. I have never seen this before. Weird. It is really starting to annoy me, lol. I can''t seem to figure it out. I have a 1.4ghz Geforce 3, 384 mb RAM, WinXP and in full screen it is locked at 75 fps. If it is windowed I get about 500 fps. Its just weird.

Well thanks for you comments.

Later....

BTW, I think I have some good ideas that will make the game much more fun and more enjoyable. I should have them complete by tomorrow. Well thanks again.
Well, I''m a big fan of Half-life deathmatch so I''ve done EVERYTHING i could possibly do to make it run at higher fps... ive changed a lot of settings, turned off vsync...etc etc... so thats how i get the fps i did...

in the beginning i get like 400 but then when i start shooting and stuff it goes down to 300 and stays there...

btw, just make the game last longer even for newbies
Well, I just uploaded a new version. I added a little HUD and also, I added shields. This is probably the last release though.

I sure learned a lot making this game. I have written my first game, how fun. Well, now its off to Tetris, how exciting. If you have anymore suggestions I would enjoy reading them, and who knows. Maybe I will release another version. Well thanks again everyone. Making this game would of been a lot harder had I not had this forum. Your all the best.

Later.

BTW, you can get it here if you don't want to go to the first topic in this discussion: http://www.gamedev.net/community/gds/projects/default.asp?projectID=352

Edited by - JSCFaith on November 12, 2001 6:49:14 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement