Game Test

Started by
35 comments, last by JSCFaith 22 years, 5 months ago
Ok, well my game is basically complete. I have to try to find any problems so I would appreciate it if you could test the game and tell me some information: OS RAM Video Card including Memory CPU Speed FPS - you get in the game Any Problems you had Any suggestions to make the game better. Well if you could help me out I would appreciate it, thanks. Here is the link to get the game. http://www.gamedev.net/community/gds/projects/default.asp?projectID=352 BTW, its an asteroids clone. Well thanks for you time. Later and enjoy.
Advertisement
I tried your program and it didnt run on my system. The screen went black for a moment and it generated the "output" file. Nothing else. Running win 98se with 384mb ram, 32mb vram, 667 P3.
"cogito, ergo sum" -Descartes
Ok, so now I am pretty certain it only works on win2000 and XP. I have a 98 machine but its really old, so it won''t run the game anyway.

Thanks. I will try to find out whats wrong.
win xp
1.4gHz athlon 256DDR, geforce 2 MX 32mb

70-75fps

works perfectly

error log has a lot of Drawing Object failed (DDERR_INVALIDRECT).
RAM: 440 MB
Video Card: GeForce 2 32MB
CPU: AMD K6 500 MHz

FPS: 70 - 75
It ran good.

EAX

Edited by - EAX on November 11, 2001 4:18:59 AM
EAX
Yeah worked sweet as for me

Windows XP, P3-500, 128MB, 32MB TNT2 @ 75 fps

Also had an error log filled with invalidrect thingies.
WinXP Pro
Pen3 650mhz 133mhz FSB
256mb DDR
GeForce2 MX400 64MB DDR ram

FPS: 65~

Error: Drawing Object failed (DDERR_INVALIDRECT)

Suggestion: Allow the ship to move when starting a new level. (Maybe not shoot yet?) Was in the path of an Asteroid - blew me up right after my ship stopped blinking ...

Edited by - David_Kay on November 11, 2001 4:28:55 AM
Huh... oh I see..
Didn''t run... just switched resolutions, black screen, then back to windows...

RAM: 128MB
Video Card: GeForce2 MX 64MB
CPU: P3 500MHz

The output file says "Ends"
In response to David_Kay. You should be able to move when the ship is blinking. That is weird. On my comp you can. Damn, I have a lot of compatiblity errors with this game. BTW, I think I am getting pretty close to the Win98 problem. So I will get back to you when I think if have it fixed.

Thanks for your help so far.
Windows XP Pro
768 MB SDRAM
GeForce2 MX 32MB SDRAM
TB 1.4GHz
75 FPS

Works perfectly, the log contains no errors whatsoever. Btw, that ship reminds me of good old 1942
http://www.codeflow.fi/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement