[game draft] Single weapon/tool FPS

Started by
2 comments, last by fortoware 8 years, 12 months ago

INTRO
Hello everyone, today I'm gonna show you my new GLORIOUS videogame plan for... uh... a videogame that will never be done indeed. But, hey, it's "glorious" and "planned", so what else do you need?

Jokes aside, this sort of blueprint for a videogame it's currently just a "game design" exercise for me. As "wannabe game designer" I need to figure out which are the best ways to build up and keep maintained a good idea for a videogame.

So, since for every idea there's such little problem called "reality", I need feedback/critique on several aspect of this videogame draft; I'll start for the very basic stuff

SCENARIO (well, not the very urgent matter of interest, but I do suppose there should be any?)

In an alternate universe, technology get as much advanced as nowadays, and even more... but with a big twist! computer, circuit, and other electric components are made out of organic fleshes.
This is NOT a story about "computer are alive", "cyborg everywhere" or "Hello! I am Skynet". No. Computer are... uh... *not alive* and runs as they are in our mundane universe... they are just made with organic matter inside the plastic box.
So, there aren't big factories and stuff like that... just some "seeds" with an exceptionally good DNA program inside.
Make it easier to understand: think you buy the seeds for a smartphone (and it's plastic box), you put them in a special "pot" with "food" and after 2~3days your smartphone is ready (there's no "lcd screen" because images are send directly to your eyes within physical touch with your skin (hand))

Now, we come to the story/hero of this setting: he's sort of an hacker... and hacking in this universe require... literally... *nerves*
He also got telekinesis power to control a blade/jack which serves him to plug&hack into devices (and some people too).

The story is a bit more complicated, ie: setting is on Uranus while Earth/earthlings are a possible antagonist to the (Uranus's native) [hero]

MECHANICS
The game is FPS, and you got only one weapon/tool which serves different propose (in which, the main ones are attack, defence and hacking).
The blade (Biohijack's name) can be thrown, but then you have to recover by yourself: there are no ammo or regeneration of the blade. You have to plan (usually stealth) before use your blade randomly.
[hero] arms are unable to hold/carry anything; so the blade will be the only tool.

My bad English won't help me to explain this idea any better, this is why I left the good part of project explication to images...

http://imgur.com/FhLLiRI

and video

Again, due to my bad English I won't write too much; but I'll try to reply as much better I can to any inquiry/question.

Advertisement

New video update!

Here we are finally to one of the most relevant powers within hero's blade
Hit the enemy for a chance to zombify him
Here's the video:

Once zombified, the enemy, can be controlled directly in its movement... but from a third person view
The WASD keys, once used to move the hero, now are use to make walk your zombie... so the camera-player position will be locked (player need to plan very good well from where cast its attack since he will become EXTREMELY vulnerable once begun) while still can mouse-pan the view as usual
[Img] http://i.imgur.com/avbm6QX.jpg [/ img]
One last thing to notice is that the WASD motion are now relative to the zombie sight, but since hero and zombie is the same... the player can still orientate the zombie by simply panning the view
[Img] http://i.imgur.com/JvyEubF.jpg [/ img]
Once "finished" to use your zombie you can "set it aside" as precendemente shown in video

0.0.6 draft released!

Finally some in-depth details on how things are supposed to work

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement