DirectX8.1 CD for those who want it

Started by
9 comments, last by DrunkenHyena 22 years, 5 months ago
G''day! I know there are a lot of people who want the SDKs on a CD, whether it''s because they re-install periodically and want it handy or they don''t have high-speed internet or whatever. Microsoft has stated that there will NOT be a 8.1 CD made available by them. If you''d like a copy of the SDK on CD, send me an email I''ll have to check shipping costs and such, but it''ll be $5 or less within North America. If you''re outside North America and want a copy let me know and I''ll find out what it''ll cost. [Edited by - DrunkenHyena on January 3, 2006 6:06:57 PM]
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
Advertisement
I appreciate what you''re doing I''m downloading the sdk right now (around 30megs so far and fingers/toes crossed) but if I get cutoff I will think about your offer. Interestingly, getright won''t pick it up. Earlier today, I downloaded 133megs of platform sdk core and once about halfway I got cutoff and had to babysit the computer so I wouldn''t get cutoff next time. It was a 9 hour download on my 56k modem. Wish MS would implement a resume feature into the installer. Incidentaly, the core sdk comes with docs also so you don''t have to have subscription with ms. For main entrance to docs look up "platsdk.*" file. I''m really impressed by GDI+ though. Transform functions made it into win98. The whole gdi+ is object based with inheritance and looks like it''s easier to use. If you''re on win98/Me don''t forget to download gdiplus.dll redist. file from ms site. Enough of my ramblings, I''m hitting the bed and when I wake up I better be still connected
Hey I''d like a copy of directX 8.1 on CD, but how much will it cost for you to send it to Australia???

Thanx in advance

- Karamello Koala
Is that legal? (not arguing, just asking)
cause techinally you could be making a profit off of microsoft.

Pactuul
-Pac "The thing I like about friends in my classes is that they can't access my private members directly." "When listening to some one tell about their problem (whether it's code or not), don't listen to what went right or wrong, but what they assumed....."
He''s charging you for the CD. Not DirectX.

Ben

Hey, where can I find DirectX 8.1 for download. On Microsoft's site I found only 8.0a. Or this is the one you call 8.1?

Oops, I found it, sorry for the inconvenience

Edited by - BA on November 12, 2001 4:09:36 AM
Never is a long time!
Where do I sign...

Yeah.

I want that CD.

I can even send you the CD + jewel case.

No WAY am I d/ling the DX SDK
~

I came, I saw, I got programmers block.
~V''''lion
~V'lionBugle4d
G'day!

I don't trust those crappy cardboard mailing sleeves, I've had a number of CDs get damaged, so I'm going to use a padded envelope.

It's going to be $5 US within Canada or the United States. If you live anywhere else, let me know and I'll check what rates I can get.

I'll take payment from PayPal (preferred) or International Money Order (make sure it says it's 'International' or I can't cash it). Non-Canadian personal cheques have a $5 service fee attached and take a while to clear, so I don't want to take them.

I don't have an international price yet, but it looks like it might be a fair bit, I'll check with some couriers too if it looks bad, who knows.

Send me an email and we can get all the details worked out. I'm not expecting a large number of orders, so turn-around time should be pretty quick, especially if you use PayPal.

[Edited by - DrunkenHyena on January 3, 2006 6:35:39 PM]
I too think this might be illeagle. I am not real sure but it sounds like it is. Not trying to be an ass just trying to help look out for you b/c i would hate for someone to get in trouble with something like that.
It is a good idea and indeed a service to those who need it though.

"I pity the fool, thug, or soul who tries to take over the world, then goes home crying to his momma."
- Mr. T
G''day!

I''m not selling the SDK, it is freely available. All I''m doing is charging for the cost of materials and shipping. All told I think I end up with a buck for personal effort, not too unreasonable.

I am contacting Microsoft to get their impression on it.

Stay Casual,

Ken
Drunken Hyena

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement