The Gamination Company

Started by
7 comments, last by Tom Sloper 9 years ago

Currently we consist of only one member... me. But you can change that!

Just join our group on facebook, and you can become part of my team!

We are currently looking for:

Game Programmers
Graphic Artists
Animation Designers
Video Producers
Sound Producers

Music Producers
Concept Artists (Me Included)
Script Writers (Me Included)
Investors
Distributors
Producers

More Spaces Available.

For more info, just visit us on our forums at gamination.createaforum.com

Advertisement
What have you produced before, do you have a portfolio?

It sounds like you're trying to build a big company from nothing, usually to do this you need previous industry experience.

Have you invested your own cold hard cash into this company and properly registered it? If not why should others be inspired to?
Since you are currently the only member, perhaps you could outline the skill set you bring to the table?

What have you produced before, do you have a portfolio?

I have not produced anything. No, I do not have a portfolio. Everything I've been hired to do I have been fired from because of incompetence.

Question for you... to produce something, you need to have a product. So how can you produce something if you never have before? My question really is, how can you start if you haven't finished? You can start, but if people don't want to participate because you haven't finished, how can you start? It really doesn't make sense. You are trying to get me to do something impossible... like be more than chuck norris, like starting only because I have finished something, which I haven't. And no one can. Everyone has to start somewhere, they can't just start off "finished"

It sounds like you're trying to build a big company from nothing, usually to do this you need previous industry experience.

And what might that be? Flipping burgers? Done that, and failed. Janitorial work? done that and been fired. All because of "incompetence." I have a creative mind. Can that work?

Have you invested your own cold hard cash into this company and properly registered it? If not why should others be inspired to?

I have. I currently have a meetup group, with 2 participants. However, they have not put down in stone that they are participating in the first meeting.

The registration companies want a demo, not a bunch of scripts/documents, which is all I have. I need people to help me create a demo, because I can't do it on my own.

You see, it's hard for me to learn anything, if at all. I cheated all the way through public school, copying answers, as well as obtaining the test answers. I did school online, so it was easy (Watch the teacher put in her password, then monkey see, monkey do. Very simple, but deadly.) Basically, my high school diploma was all cheat-obtained. I don't have any personal experience. Heck, I can't even add or subtract very well. I know pretty much up to 100. Anything beyond that is difficult. But I am very creative. Everyone around me says I'm smart, but they do not know the truth. I am creative, not smart. I want to make something of myself.

I've tried to go to many colleges here in Boise, ID. But they all turned me down because of my SAT test results, which was a failing score. Other colleges even had their own tests, which I failed.

I am in a poor poor situation. My family, friends, relatives, everyone around me are either very poor and cannot support me, or don't exist anymore. I am all alone.

I make a minimum social security. I live in an apartment that allows me to make payments based on my income, which is barely enough to allow me food and such. I don't qualify for food stamps, surprisingly.

So, basically, all I can really do is create a group and go into debt. Anyone who wishes to help me out and achieve my dreams, go for it.

You know, I see people all around me in similar situations rise from their troubles and become great and wealthy. I wish to do the same. But people always tell me "You're wanting the impossible. Give up. Go for something easier. You cannot do this." But I want to do this. I wish to achieve my dream. I WILL achieve my dream. No matter what others say. Even there on SSBB forums, I was a bit down on myself because I discovered another game similar to mine, but I wont give up! I'm counting on achieving the improbable, not impossible!

Recruitment threads should be posted in tye classifieds:
http://www.gamedev.net/classifieds

Recruitment threads should be posted in tye classifieds:
http://www.gamedev.net/classifieds

Well, no one can reply in the classfields. That's why I posted here.

In addition, this is a backup thread, in case that my classfield is removed/revoked due to some violation...

Why'd this topic get moved to beginners? This is not a beginner topic, even though I am a beginner, it doesn't correlate...

This belongs in the Indie Projects, because it IS an official indie project

Why'd this topic get moved to beginners? This is not a beginner topic, even though I am a beginner, it doesn't correlate...

This belongs in the Indie Projects, because it IS an official indie project

It's not, it's a recruitment thread, and as such belongs in the Classifieds as Hodgman said.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

Gamination,
It's much too early for you to be talking about yourself as a company. You have a lot you need to learn before you are ready to go into business.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement