Sign in to follow this  
maxest

Data-oriented Design and Fourier Transform

Could be interesting, but I don't have the time to download your zip files and look through both versions of the code to learn something.

I think it would be more useful if your blog post actually described in more detail some of the ways the design is different.

I think it would be more useful if your blog post actually described in more detail some of the ways the design is different.

<rant>

Rather than advertising a blog, I think it would be more useful if the OP showed some respect for the posted intent of this gamedev forum to discuss programming issues. Without even mentioning what "issue" (likely none, TL;DR) is involved, the OP posts a link, and invites others to download zips, examine code on their own machines, run bat files, etc.?? Phooey.

</rant>

Could be interesting, but I don't have the time to download your zip files and look through both versions of the code to learn something.

You're right probably. I just think that the source code is short and compact enough that a 5-minute skim through it would serve its purpose. I didn't see a need to copy-and-paste it to the post.

<rant>

Rather than advertising a blog, I think it would be more useful if the OP showed some respect for the posted intent of this gamedev forum to discuss programming issues. Without even mentioning what "issue" (likely none, TL;DR) is involved, the OP posts a link, and invites others to download zips, examine code on their own machines, run bat files, etc.?? Phooey.

</rant>

Yup, my post here was not an "issue". So if I had a project and wanted to share it with the public to discuss its technical side, where would you advice me to go?

So if I had a project and wanted to share it with the public to discuss its technical side ...

GDNet Lounge (generally not intended for technical stuff, though), Your Announcements, create a blog...

EDIT: Doh! frob is quick. ph34r.png

Edited by Buckeye

Sign in to follow this