Project management tool Trello vs DropTask ?

Started by
19 comments, last by Slyxsith 6 years, 1 month ago

Hi guys, what is your favorite project management tool ? I'm currently using both of the two in the title in my life, and have a little preference about Trello.

Did you use one ? Which one do you use the most, and why ?

Advertisement

Absolutely most used tool: Excel.

Assorted other project management tools come and go, different companies get licenses to assorted technologies to mess with calendars and schedule work, but Excel has always been there.

So far, I prefer JIRA. I'm not a big fan of Trello.

Google spreadsheets are used for a surprising amount of project management where I work, which is not very useful in my opinion - it quickly becomes a cesspool of "which document was that in? which tab should I be looking at?".

I agree for google spreadsheet, it's a mess if you haven't another thing to organize everything.

I'm sure Excel would be fine for an "old-school" project management, but I'm rather into Agile, so I found Trello better so far, DropTask isn't bad either, but I find that the "Graphic display" is complicating everything.

Never tested JIRA, I will take a look :)

We started using Trello at work within the last six months or so. Before that it was lots of Google Docs and it was much like as Nypyren mentioned. For us at least, Trello has greatly increased the productivity of the design side. Being able to mix design docs with WIP/finished art/story boards/mock ups together with everybody being able to add their part to the cards directly makes it easier for them to get a clear picture of where they are going. Since I'm on the tech management side I prefer JIRA since everything for me is just another task to complete. Trello (or probably any visual tool) probably is not good for tech tasks. Much better to have lists to check off then pictures to scroll through.

As a programmer it is kind of fun to thumb through the Trello cards and see the early concept stuff as that isn't something we generally don't see.

I am also using Trello and so far I like it.

For small projects most other Task management tools I tried were just having too much overhead. Trello might be extremly basic, but at least I can now update my projects status in 5 minutes every week.

Google drive and time tracking tool - AdaptRM is all I need

Jira works great for large projects.

Trello is useful for small scale (single dev) or personal matters, but it doesn't scale too well with larger teams.

Hansoft is probably the best there is, but it costs a bunch.

Excel has several uses, some of which more macro.

And most of every other piece of software I've used so far wasn't really worth changing my habits from the above 4.

Haven't had the chance to use DropTask yet unfortunately...

Hansoft! I was going to mention that but I couldn't remember what it was called. It is my #2 favorite after JIRA.

I looked at JIRA but it seems it requires a little time before using it at full capacity, maybe I'll try it for larger project.

Since hansoft seems to be a paid one, I think I wouldn't be able to test it ^^

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement