• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BigBadBeef

Looking for step my step guide for visual studio

This topic is 1343 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone,

This is the 3rd site I'm trying to get my answers from. In the first one, I am still waiting to get through the moderator queue for my account to get activated which was a month ago, I have asked for help in daniweb but there is nothing in almost 3 weeks, so you're my only hope!dry.png

I came out a programming school, but I'm one of these who are "last gen" programmers which got stuck with old stuff such as turbo pascal or even older hardware code, we only had C# in our last months of a 4-years education.

I have an idea about a RTS strategy, the idea took me years to develop with offering a lot of flexibility, but every damn developer I've contacted has completely ignore me, some mainstream developers have their heads so far up their a***es that it comes out the right end again, but I digrees.

My momma always said: You want something done right, do it yourself!happy.png

So I want to make the game (that has literally haunted me) myself. It will be a strategy game, 3D in nature but no verticality, naval battles with sporadic landmasses serving only as obstacles. But the problem is that I don't know where to begin.

I know that some of you will outright recommend existing game engines for me to go for, but unfortunately they do not grant the programming freedoms for the features that I require. I even asked some of them if that which I need is doable in their engine and they rejected me. So I'm afraid C# is my only option.

But I don't know where to begin. I don't know how to structure it, I don't know what libraries to include, I don't know much in general. In school, we only came as far as 2D grids and a few jokes for a program for which I've done better even dabbling at home.

So if you guys could help somebody who knows algorightms, some code (but not a lot) to get started, I would appreiciate that. I am not picky, and can go for anything DirectX, OpenGL or even mantle.

And yes I tried google, but it is insistant to keep pushing cryengine and other engine tutorials in my face.

Thank you in advance for all your help!

Advertisement
I know that some of you will outright recommend existing game engines for me to go for, but unfortunately they do not grant the programming freedoms for the features that I require. I even asked some of them if that which I need is doable in their engine and they rejected me. So I'm afraid C# is my only option.

What a wonderful conclusion!

If the great Google told you to use C#, then let that be it.

It is shrouded in mystery how you arrived at the (non-nonsensical) conclusion, but how dull life would be without enigmas.

I think that you could have picked just about any engine using any language and it would still be a perfect fit for what you are trying to accomplish.

However, stick with your decision, no matter how you arrived at it. :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!