Visual C++ 6.0

Started by
3 comments, last by nomibegood 22 years, 5 months ago
Hi Guys i need to know if you can make Commercial quality games with visual c++ 6.0 standard edition... and what is the difference between Professional and standard edition... I am new to MSVC.. thanks..
Advertisement
sure. If I remember correctly, the big difference between the standard edition and the professional edition is the sophistication of the compiler--so the pro edition produces much smaller, faster, better optimized code. This is definitely an important difference, but if you are just starting out, it shouldn''t matter much to you. You can always buy a professional edition later on to run you build thru if it turns into a project where you do need/want the better compiler.

The pro edition also comes with some database tools, InstallShield, and a few other tools that you may find useful too.

And then there is the enterprise edition which comes with all the above, and UML tools--whoohoo!!! ;-)

standard should be fine.

--michael
Also, professional comes with a profiler. It isn''t the best profiler out there, but it can be very useful since other profilers can be expensive (if you haven''t used one, a profiler is just a tool you can use to test the speed of your code and functions and to find out where bottlenecks are and stuff).
is it also true that with pro edition, you actually have a license to be allowed to sell your product, whereas standard edition there is no such license?
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
it cant be true, i think

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement