• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
NLScotty

Caching database results in Golang (revel)

This topic is 1293 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am currently coding a web application in Go with the help of the revel web framework. I've come to the point where I want to serve results from a database, however there's quite an amount of rows to serve (~5000-10000). The information only changes every 3 minutes, so perhaps it's a good idea to implement some form of caching.

The Revel framework offers a caching solution, however I have no idea how such a thing would work and if it's the best solution to my problem. Another solution could be to make a global array with the results and grab a slice once in a while (Would this work better if there are a lot of users? ).

Could you guys help me out? I'd really appreciate it.

Advertisement

Any in memory cache will worth almost nothing in cluster deployment.

Just use Redis. Do not reinvent the wheel.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!