• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
rabbitrabbit

Yak Fleecing

This topic is 1173 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey. I've been working through Learn Python The Hard Way, and I'm stuck on Exercise 46: A Project Skeleton. In the first part of the exercise, I'm supposed to download the following packages:

pip,

distribute,

nose,

and virtualenv.

I've been trying to get everything I need for some time, but all I really got from the past few days is that I downloaded pip along with Python. I understand that I'm meant to wade through this on my own, but I've already invested a lot of time without much result, and I'd appreciate it if someone else who's had to download the packages before could explain what to do as simply as possible.

Advertisement

Without knowing more details on what you've tried and failed it's going to be hard to give you advice. Also, what operating system are you using? 

I clicked on the pip link and then on the Installation guide, what part did you get to? What error messages are you seeing?

https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installing.html

- Eck

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!