Sign in to follow this  
khofez

C++ indie games + pixel art

this has been one of my biggest doubts, anyone knows about INDIE games made with C++ and OpenGL/Directx/SDL/SFML/Any library, that have pixel art graphics? Except "Shovel Knight", im talking about something like "Owlboy" graphics, beautiful pixel art

Edited by khofez

See Dust: An Elysian Tale. A wonderful game made by a one man army. That feat is just freaking incredible. And I don't think he's using unity or unreal either. Unity wasn't really that popular of an engine back then. And sprites were a pain in Unreal.

and most importantly...

Ori: The lost forest. Which in my mind, is an absolutely beautiful game. They did quite a bit of cheating to get past hand making sprites. But in the end, it still uses sprites. It just cheats very well. The character sprites were actually created by orthogonality rendering 3D models. And the level was hand made.

Edited by Tangletail

I think the original question was not "pixelart games" but "pixelart games not made using a modern high level language" (or more likely, outright using middleware such as Unity).

Sol (shameless plug) uses C instead of C++, but otherwise counts (maybe even moreso since C is lower level than C++ =P). More specifically, C and SDL2, with the graphics rendering being done in software (except for scaling the final image to fit the screen). Still not released but hopefully soon (game is finished, just dealing with release stuff right now).

It seems like the Original Poster really doesn't care about the answer since he is not helping out in any way by explaining exactly what he means by 'pixel art' and telling us what he wants.

It seems like the Original Poster really doesn't care about the answer since he is not helping out in any way by explaining exactly what he means by 'pixel art' and telling us what he wants.

I was about to say the same thing since it appears he hasn't even logged in for two days now. I can only assume he didn't like the answers and left, which is silly since they all answer the question in regards to my view of what pixel art is. Though, now I have a list of games to look into now because of his question. So it is a win either way.

Edited by BHXSpecter